Stories from local residents and those afar that still keeps their roots close to their heart, about what they love about Queens County and special days out in Queens County, they want to share with everyone.

Welcome to another new feature of Queens County Community

I love to hear stories about what people find interesting to do in Queens County. People live here because they love Queens County. There is so much going on and it is, what you make of it. Once I started to publish events on the Queens County Community Calendar, I saw Queens County as I had never seen it before. Once I started publishing pictures in the Out & about album, I wanted to see more. I have always loved geography and love to know where I am in relation to everything around me. I would love to get out and about more often, as I am sure that most of you would as well. We all have busy lives though and commitments, but we fit in what we can. This page is dedicated to sharing all those experiences with everyone. If you are out and about in Queens and you want to share, let us know about it. If you have a camera or a video cam, what a great way to share your experiences with everyone else. If we cannot be there, reading about it is the next best thing and maybe it will end up on your to do list. So please share your experiences, a walk on the beach, a drive in the country, visiting your favorite spot, having lunch with friends, a special find in Queens, a potluck supper, a sporting event. Let's let everyone know what we love about Queens.

If you would like to add your experience, email queenscommunitycalendar@gmail.com

Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Day out in North Queens.

A road trip is a road trip no matter where you are going and I love road trips, especially on a sunny Friday. This one took myself and 2 others to Caledonia. I have been wanting to visit Giggling Grannies. I love their Facebook posts and they always put loads of pics on as well. That is me to the left sitting at one of the tables in Gigging Grannies. A cup of coffee is just over a $1 and the atmosphere is welcoming. It seems to be  a bit of a hub in Caledonia now. There were people gathering to chat around the coffee station. Visitors arrived to meet our group as well as we were really there for the International Food Luncheon at the Masonic Hall. We were not disappointed. It was packed and the food was fantastic. I tried everything and went back for seconds on the Japanese dish called pot stickers. That is the North American name for them and I could not tell you what the Japanese name is. There were dishes from Germany, US, Canada, Italy, France and India. All made in local kitchens. My personal favorite was the beef vindaloo. I love Indian food and this was an excellent representation.
The desserts were awesome. You had to pass these before you got to the food, so you were
already planning to leave space for the them at the end. I am not one to eats sweets, but I could not resist  the Boston Cheese Cake with a side of German Apple Strudel. It was a wonderful day and I met lots of new people of Caledonia. We had some great conversations and great food. Thanks to all that made my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment